Friday, January 29, 2010

Staying Busy

Its been 1 week since I left Uniblab, and I cant believe how busy I have been! I spent a few days this week helping Shannan paint the new training studio which, by the way...I am terrible at. I think I got more paint on my clothes and on the floor than I did on the wall. Thanks Shannan for being so patient with my lack of skills!

I started my new job at the at the shelter and I am so excited to be a part of such a great organization! I have a lot of work to do and cant wait to jump in this weekend and get started.

My good friend Jill recruited me to take her friends golden puppy, Rumford, through a breed handling class. Since I know squat about the confirmation ring, I am excited to learn everything I can. Jill gave me numerous books on confirmation showing and handling from her extensive library, which I have been slowly pouring through. Its somewhat overwhelming and although I have no visions of my future in the show ring, I am quickly learning that running around the ring properly is a lot harder than it looks. And I draw the line at putting dog bait in my mouth to get the dog to look at me...thats just gross.

Toss in a spending my days hanging out with my own dogs and being able to eat dinner with my husband every night, I have to say its been a stellar week!