Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back from 'Who Dat' Nation


My husband and I just spent an awesome couple of days in New Orleans...home of the Saints football team (and, in case you haven't heard, superbowl champs ) and the most colorful characters I have ever encountered. There is just something (the air?) about the south that makes one slow down & enjoy the day. It forces you to laugh easier, smile more & eat slower. I Listened to music, walked through art galleries and ate some of the best dang food ever made. I spoke to people with names like Ms. Cricket, Wally and Midge...and couldn't help but like each one of them (how can you NOT like someone named Ms. Cricket?)


But this being a 'dog blog', I should mention that I did meet some very nice dogs. One in particular was a black lab who hung out in a out door jazz bar on Bourbon St. Among all the craziness going on and the music playing away, this dog never lifted his head off the pavement. Unleashed and cooler than cool.


I took a picture of him, but being a technological nit-wit...I accidentally deleted it...so his image is only in my memory. So, I strongly encourage everyone to take a trip down and stop by Cafe Beignet at Musical Legends Park on Bouron St and listen to the Steamboat Willie Jazz Band, and meet the very cool dog whose' name I didn't get.



No comments: