Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Really? Seriously?

There are times in life where we all have those SNL moments. Were you just run into a situation that is just so ridicules and sad that all you can do is laugh. I brought my dogs to one of our favorite beaches for a good ball tossing romp. As we were walking we came across this woman, her young daughter and a senior chocolate lab. The old dog slowly approached us, his tail wagging slowly looking somewhat indifferent. I approached him, and was going to give him a pat when I noticed something tied to his collar.
It took me a few seconds to figure out what it was....I recognized the shinny green anywhere. This strange woman tied a full bag of poop to her dogs collar. It was hanging just below this poor dogs chin swinging side to side. Really?...Seriously? I couldn't believe it! When I asked her about it...she laughed and said the dog had to carry his own poop. Really? Seriously? Is this walk supposed to be a punishment for the dog?
Just as the words of discontent were swimming around in my head, a lab puppy (about 12 weeks old) came running to greet this very wonderful and very patient dog, and saved my hide. The puppy jumped up and snagged the bag with a needle sharp canine tearing the green plastic and partially spilling its contents on the beach.
The woman gasped and ran over to untie the bag somewhat cursing the puppy. I watched as she collected the spilled poo retied the bag and then decided to carry it the rest of her walk down the beach. The old dog found a spring in his step and I am pretty sure he fully enjoyed the rest of his walk. Some days there is justice.

No comments: